Each of our core values plays an important role in our commitment to, and delivery of, differentiated service, but advocacy is the primary driver. Member Firms strive to acquire and serve clients for a very long time and this requires a clearly articulated—and clearly demonstrated—client advocacy strategy.
M Financial’s client advocacy strategy is based on a simple formula: If you do what’s right for your clients, then your clients will succeed; if your clients succeed, you will succeed. This forms the foundation for our guiding principles, which, in turn, drives the delivery of differentiated service by M Member Firms.
The guiding principles are as follows:
- Serve clients exceedingly well; strive to surpass expectations in every interaction by providing valuable, customized, and lasting differentiation in everything you do.
- Treat clients ethically, as you would want to be treated; align your interests with those of the clients you serve so as to avoid conflicts, perceived or real.
- Listen so you can understand each client’s needs, objectives, risk tolerance, and challenges; deliver relevant and timely information and insight that facilitates informed decisions.
- Treat existing clients as well as new clients; continually explore ways to improve what you’ve already done for clients and what you will do for them in the future.
- Respect and continually earn the trust clients place in you; enhance your ability to do so by collaborating and partnering only with those who share your ethics and values.
Client advocacy takes more than words—it takes action. Everything M Financial does seeks to set new standards for effective client advocacy:
- Reinsuring the business placed by Member Firms; M Financial invests upwards of $50 million annually, through arrangements with select reinsurers, to support the business placed by Member Firms.
- Creating innovative proprietary products utilizing our superior experience (mortality, persistency, and expense); Member Firm clients have access to 25 exclusive products reflecting this experience.
- Conducting a high level of carrier due care—via financial analysis, carrier reviews, competitive studies, white papers, etc.—designed to inform and protect clients.
- Maintaining a commitment to in-force management that to date has delivered $150 million in post-purchase cost reductions to existing policyholders.
This level of advocacy must come from within—if an organization is forced to do it, it likely won’t last. To be invited to join M Financial, Member Firms must already be committed to these principles, to providing service that exceeds expectations, and to advocating for clients in ways that deliver sustainable value to the families and businesses we have the privilege to serve.